Paul B. Weinberg M.D.
Hailing from Atlanta, Georgia, Paul B. Weinberg M.D. attended High School at Westminster. After graduating he went to Brunswick, Maine where he obtained an undergraduate degree from Bowdoin College, majoring in History. He attended Emory University in Atlanta where he received both a master in Biochemistry and a doctorate of Medicine. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Emory University Hospital and his fellowship in Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Dr. Weinberg is board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, and Critical Care Medicine. He is a member of the American Thoracic Society, Critical Care Society, as well as a Fellow of the American College of Physicians, and the American College of Chest Physicians.
- Bowdon College, Brunswick, ME., History, B.A., (1970-1974)
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA., Biochemistry, M.S. (1974-1978)
- Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA., Medicine M.D. (1976-1980)
- Resident, Internal Medicine, Grady Memorial Hospital, Atlanta, GA., (1980-1983)
- Fellow, Attending, Critical Care/Pulmonary Medicine, University of NC, (1983-1986)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (1984)
- Subspecialty Board of Pulmonary Medicine (1986)
- Subspecialty Board of Critical Care Medicine (1991)
- Chairman, Quality Improvement Committee (1988-1990)
- Vice Chief of Medical Staff (1990-1992)
- Chairman, by Law Committee (1996)
- Chairman, Medical Ethics Committee (1990-1996)
- Medical Director, Critical Care Units (1999-2003)
- Chairman, Department of Medicine (2003-2007)
- Medical Director, Gwinnett County Tuberculosis Health Department (1995-Present0
- Principal Investigator, Gwinnett Biomedical Research
- Weinberg, P.B., J.M. KinKade and C.C. Collins, Preparation of Radio-Active Iodinated Cholylhistamine for use in the Radioimmunoassay of Cholic acid. Steroids 30 (%); 637-645, 77
- Weinberg, P.B., et al. Preparation of Iodinated Derivatives of Bile Acids. National Research Forum 60, 1977
- Weinberg, P.B.., et al. Preparation of Iodinated Derivatives of Bile Acids. George j. Science 35:103, 1977
- O'Donoghue, S., K.J. Miller, P.B. Weinberg and R.C. Rose ILL. Herpes Simplex Virus Type 11. Meningoencephalitis in an immunocomprimised Adult. S. Med. J. 76:435-539, 1983
- Weinberg, P.B., P.A. Bromberg and F.B. Askin "Recurrence: of a Plasma Cell Granuloma After Initial Resection. S. Med. J., 80(4): 514-521, 1987.
- Weinberg, P.B., S Becker, D.L. Granger, H.S. Koren Growth Inhibition of Cryptococcus Neoformans by Human Alveolar Macrophages, Am. Rev. Respir. Dis., 136:1242-1247, 1983